[tor-relays] How useful are bridges on ports other than 80 and 443

Eddie stunnel at attglobal.net
Wed Aug 10 19:27:10 UTC 2022

Unfortunately I've had to shut down my home based tor relay because my
wife's employer is mis-categorising it as an exit node, instead of the
middle/guard that it really is.  So, until she retires, in a few months,
that relay will now be silent after about 5-years running (all of which
her having the same employer.  Go figure).

So, I thought in the meantime I'd run a couple of tor bridges, as my IP
should now be clear of any published tor node lists.

But I do need to leave ports 80 and 443 open for "normal" HTTP(S)
traffic, which I know are the recommended bridge ports as they raise the
least suspicion.

Are there any other ports that folks might suggest I use that would get
enough traffic and not be blocked by a simple firewall.  I also run an
internal mail server, so all those ports are off limits as well.

Cheers.