[tor-relays] recommended way to run 0.4.7 on armhf?

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Wed Aug 10 18:31:13 UTC 2022

ilf:
> What's the recommended way to run 0.4.7 on armhf?
>
>> The package repository [deb.torproject.org] does not offer 32-bit ARM
>> architecture (armhf) images (yet).
>
> https://support.torproject.org/apt/tor-deb-repo/
>
> Debian has 0.4.7 in bullseye-backports.
>
> But Raspbian doesn't have bullseye-backports:
> http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/dists/

Right. One thing we recommended when talking to relay operators during
earlier EOL upgrade periods is adding the debian -backports repository
to the Raspberry Pi. It worked well according to the feedback we got. We
linked to

https://marksrpicluster.blogspot.com/2019/12/add-buster-backports-to-raspberry-pi.html

for general steps (you need to adapt them for bullseye, though).

Hope this helps,
Georg