[tor-relays] Overloaded state indicator on relay-search

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 14:23:34 UTC 2021

 George,
The referenced support article provides recommendations as to what might be causing the overloaded state, but it doesn't provide the metric(s) for how Tor decides whether a relay is overloaded. I'm trying to ascertain the later.
I would assume the overloaded state metric(S) is/are a maximum timeout value and/or reoccurrence value, etc.
By knowing what the overloaded state metric is, I can tune my Tor relay just short of it.
Thank you for your reply.
Respectfully,

Gary

    On Monday, September 27, 2021, 2:44:35 AM PDT, Georg Koppen <gk at torproject.org> wrote:

 Gary C. New via tor-relays:
>  Hiro,
> Presently, I'm seeing a similar issue. On my laptop, I'm observing an overloaded status for my relay. However, the same relay shows a green status on my phone.
> Do you do any user-agent detection?
> I'm still interested in those magic numbers, which determine whether a relay has reached an overloaded state.

Which numbers do you mean? Is there anything missing from the support
article[1] you feel should be there?

Georg

[1] https://support.torproject.org/relay-operators/relay-bridge-overloaded/