[tor-relays] Overloaded state indicator on relay-search

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Mon Sep 27 12:22:08 UTC 2021

On 24 Sep (12:36:17), lists at for-privacy.net wrote:
> On Thursday, September 23, 2021 3:39:08 PM CEST Silvia/Hiro wrote:
>
> > When a relay is in the overloaded state we show an amber dot next to the
> > relay nickname.
> Nice thing. This flag has noticed me a few days ago.
>
> > If you noticed your relay is overloaded, please check the following
> > support article to find out how you can recover to a "normal" state:
> >
> >     https://support.torproject.org/relay-operators/relay-bridge-overloaded/
>
> A question about Enabling Metricsport. Is definitely Prometheus necessary?
> Or can the Metrics Port write into a LogFile / TextFile?

The output format is Prometheus but you don't need a prometheus server to get
it.

Once opened, you can simply fetch it like this:

  wget http://<IP_OF_METRICSPORT>:<METRICS_PORT>/metrics -O /tmp/output.txt

  or

  curl http://<IP_OF_METRICSPORT>:<METRICS_PORT>/metrics -o /tmp/output.txt

Cheers!
David

--
7GLrazDic7AYE2euK7PjuTqUtCfU+/3JH4ZWkM1HP/g=