[tor-relays] Overloaded state indicator on relay-search

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 16:24:04 UTC 2021

 Hi All!
Curious... What are the magic numbers (i.e., max timeout, reoccurrence, etc) that earn a relay overloaded status?
I'm trying to tune my portion of the Tor network and finding that sweet spot has proven elusive.
Thanks!

Gary

    On Friday, September 24, 2021, 3:48:18 AM MDT, Silvia/Hiro <hiro at torproject.org> wrote:

On 9/23/21 10:54 PM, friendlyexitnode via tor-relays wrote:
> This looks like an awesome feature! I super appreciate it.
>
> Random question though (and I'm the first to admit I may be doing something wrong), I notice that on Mobile it says my relays are overloaded however when I view it on a normal computer I don't get the overloaded indicator. I've tried refreshing multiple times but getting the same results. Is anyone seeing the same thing?

Hi,

could you let me know when you accessed the page via mobile approximately?

I'll try to check if any of your relays were overloaded in the past.
When  a node is overloaded the state is kept for 72 hours.

Cheers,
-hiro