[tor-relays] OrNetStats now parses all your ContactInfo v2 fields and warns you if your Tor version is vulnerable

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Wed Sep 15 18:22:39 UTC 2021

today I pushed new features to OrNetStats:
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/

- Relay Search replacement: relay level pages via a custom allium[1] version
Thanks to Jordan for creating allium!

- parse and display all ContactInfo v2 fields [2]
example:
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/w/relay/A14D96E6C4C3A5AF3D7E57AC0A85AE82BDFB0F4B.html

- proven operator domains are highlighted with an icon in all overview relay lists (family-, contact-, country-level pages)
example:
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/w/misc/families-by-bandwidth.html
(we display the proven operator domain instead of the ContactInfo when available)

- the icon links directly to the proof file from the operator (on the relay-level page)

- we display a warning sign when a relay runs a vulnerable version of tor

examples on relay and contact-level pages:
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/w/relay/FB58E117D11F87F0A291475D603EC61082C3FB15.html
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/w/contact/17b90573a94e713bf1b3ad7988934cdc.html

- we display bandwidth in G|Mbit/s not MByte/s

- onionoo AS data replaced with ipfire's upstream version:
we no longer use AS data from onionoo - which made the switch from previously used https://yui.cat links
to a custom allium version necessary because yui.cat (allium) uses onionoo as data source.
Previously over 2000 relays had no AS name data (which affected >25% of tor's exit capacity).
Now we are down to bellow 0.1% affected exit capacity without AS name data (mainly in the LACNIC region).

+------------+--------+-----------+
|date	     |affected| affected  |
|    	     | relays | exit_prob |
+------------+--------+-----------+
| 2021-09-06 |   2005 |     24.03 |
| 2021-09-07 |   2025 |     27.33 |
| 2021-09-09 |   2038 |     27.93 |
| 2021-09-10 |   2045 |     28.45 |
| 2021-09-11 |   2041 |     28.12 |
| 2021-09-12 |   2045 |     28.70 |
| 2021-09-13 |   2044 |     27.32 |
| 2021-09-14 |   2029 |     26.44 |
| 2021-09-15 |    108 |      0.05 |  <<< todays switch from onionoo to ipfire

kind regards,
nusenu

[1] https://github.com/tempname1024/allium
[2] https://nusenu.github.io/ContactInfo-Information-Sharing-Specification