[tor-relays] router_do_orport_reachability_checks()

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 05:37:43 UTC 2021

 All:
After enabling Tor debug logging, we were able to verify the procedure of the router_do_orport_reachability_checks() function.
The router_do_orport_reachability_checks() function creates a circuit using a random Guard and Middle Relay with the Exit Relay always being itself.
This can be verified within the debug logs and viewing the connections section of the nyx application.
Apologies, if this is common knowledge. We needed to confirm the procedure to resolve issues related to Tor's Self-Test.
Respectfully,

Gary