[tor-relays] Tor respority can't be updated from securly on debian

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Thu Oct 28 17:05:53 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, October 27, 2021 10:09:04 PM CEST Keifer Bly wrote:
> Hi, so I am trying to update tor to the newest version on my debian vps,
> only to receive this error:

> Here is my sources.list file,
>

> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main
> deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main

> deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates main
> deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates main

> I am wondering what needs to be added here to allow tor to update? Thank
> you.

You have no archive from the Torproject in the sources list.
Or take Debian Backports, that's just a few days after the Torproject on the
same stand.

The script to bootstrap a debian server to be a set-and-forget tor relay I
have recommended you several times. That makes everything in 30 sec. and you
only need to configure the torrc.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!