[tor-relays] DirectoryAuthority & FallbackDir Only at Startup?

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 11:28:01 UTC 2021

David Goulet or Georg Koppen:
Can either of you confirm my question regarding whether the DirectoryAuthority & FallbackDir directives only evaluated at startup of a Tor instance?
I need to verify the best way to configure cloned, loadbalanced Tor Relay Instances to interface with DirectoryAuthorities.
Presently, I have 5 Asuswrt RT-AC66U_B1 (2 Core CPU + 256MB) WiFi Routers (1 as Nginx Loadbalancer + 4 AiMesh Nodes) schizophrenicly configured as cloned Tor Relay Nodes pushing ~175GB (~10,000 circuits) of Tor traffic, daily, which is working very well for such a small footprint.
With this final piece sorted, I'll be able to contribute a tutorial for loadbalancing Tor Relays, which can be extrapolated to larger, high-availability architectural implementations that appear as a single Tor Node (opposed to having several Tor Nodes that comprise a family).
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Respectfully,

Gary—
This Message Originated by the Sun.
iBigBlue 63W Solar Array (~12 Hour Charge)
+ 2 x Charmast 26800mAh Power Banks
= iPhone XS Max 512GB (~2 Weeks Charged)