[tor-relays] Tor automatic restart

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Mon Oct 11 18:34:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

I don't see the problem in being How to automatically restart Tor. The
base problem is, why do you need to restart it regularly or at every x
period?

I mean, I only restart my Tor when I apply updates to Tor or to the
operating system, etc. -- otherwise it works fine. If something hangs
your Tor process and you need to restart it, you have to determine the
cause of that.

What OS and which version, hardware and setup (bare metal, virtual
machine) do you use?
What are the system resources (CPU,RAM,HDD/SSD,Bandwidth)?
How did you install Tor? Package manager or other method?
What is your soft and hard max open files limit?