[tor-relays] Tor automatic restart

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Mon Oct 11 16:42:57 UTC 2021

On Monday, October 11, 2021 4:36:16 AM CEST Keifer Bly wrote:
> No. I have no other processes running on the vps. The OS Debian Linux is
> running the newest version, it seems something is causing the tor process
> to get hung up once a month. Will take a look at that, thanks.

On debian 9, 10 and 11, the tor deamon is started and managed by systemd by
default. With the option 'Restart=on-failure'
Is the tor service really down?
~$ sudo systemctl status tor

If the tor service is terminated by something, you can find out why this is
happening in the logs. Reading the log files carefully is always the first thing
to do in the event of errors on UNIX systems.
~$ cat /var/log/tor/notices.log

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!