[tor-relays] Updating from Ubuntu 20.04 using apt-secure

John Csuti postmaster at coolcomputers.info
Sun Oct 10 09:33:27 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I recently went to update and upgrade my system and found that the
certificate for deb.torproject.org is expired and no longer trusted? Is
anyone else having this issue and is there a way to fix this. I also
added the repo to a fresh install of ubuntu 20.04 and got the same
error.

Error
Err:5 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org focal Release
Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The
certificate chain uses expired certificate. Could not handshake: Error
in the certificate verification. [IP: 95.216.163.36 443]

Thanks,
John Csuti
+1 (216) 633-1279