[tor-relays] Overloaded state indicator on relay-search

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Thu Oct 7 10:48:29 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 8:55:01 PM CEST potlatch via tor-relays wrote:
> Tor has always been very lax at documentation--both creation and updating.
> I've never seen a  thorough site map or directory published.  I think this
> discourages folks who would like to start a tor relay.

Mmm. I'm a stupid hobby admin with no IT background. Tor entry servers were
the first thing I set up on rented servers in the data center. The
TorRelayGuide on Torproject.org was easy for me.
https://community.torproject.org/relay/
Debian's sample torrc has always been well documented.

And micahflee's tor-relay-bootstrap script is forked a dozen times. A relay can
be set up in just a few minutes.

The biggest problem is to find a provider where you can rent cheap unmetered
servers and who allow exit's to operate. In addition, the provider should
ideally be far away from DE-CIX Frankfurt and no or few other Tor servers
there.

And don't forget the Tor Project is a Community Project. Everyone can edit the
Torproject.org Doku. ;-)

I can always recommend these pages to beginners:
https://tor-relay.co/
https://www.torservers.net/wiki/guides

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!