[tor-relays] Overloaded state indicator on relay-search

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Mon Oct 4 19:16:47 UTC 2021

On Sunday, October 3, 2021 6:52:46 PM CEST Bleedangel Tor Admin wrote:

> The troubleshooting page for an overloaded relay mentions running
> metricsport, but with no instructions or even links to anywhere to explain
> how to do this.
??

marco at w530:~$ man torrc | grep Metrics
       MetricsPort [address:]port [format]
           access policy with MetricsPortPolicy and consider using your
operating systems firewall features for defense in depth.
           MetricsPortPolicy must be defined else every request will be
rejected.
               MetricsPort 1.2.3.4:9035
               MetricsPortPolicy accept 5.6.7.8
       MetricsPortPolicy policy,policy,...
           Set an entrance policy for the MetricsPort, to limit who can access
it. The policies have the same form as exit policies below, except that port
specifiers are ignored. For multiple entries, this line can be used
           Please, keep in mind here that if the server collecting metrics on
the MetricsPort is behind a NAT, then everything behind it can access it. This
is similar for the case of allowing localhost, every users on the server

And David explained to me:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-September/019841.html

> My relay has a dirport of 9030 in my config and nyx confirms this. The relay
> status website says I have no dirport configured.

Check iptables or port forward on your router.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!