[tor-relays] Recent rejection of relays

Mick mbm at rlogin.net
Thu Nov 11 17:53:17 UTC 2021

On 11 November 2021 17:17:40 GMT, gus <gus at torproject.org> wrote:

>What exactly is stopping you to use this email address as your relay contact_info?
>This is a *public* mailing list.
>
>cheers,
>Gus

+1 to the sentiment behind that query.

Personally I have no requirement for anonymity about the fact that I run Tor relays, so that may colour my views, and may influence what others think about my views. But I do sometimes despair about the angst some people display over not wanting an email address associated with one or more relays. In my experience of close to a decade or more of running relays, with a clear email address in my config file, I have not experienced any spam which I could attribute to that fact. Nor have I seen much in the way of spam to /this/ address, which as Gus has pointed out, is visible on a public mailing list.

Please just add a proper contact address to your relay(s). It will help the project, and will hardly hurt you at all.

Best

Mick
--
Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity.