[tor-relays] current HSDir flag requirements

Logforme m7527 at abc.se
Tue May 25 14:52:12 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-25 12:08:34, "John Csuti" <postmaster at coolcomputers.info>
wrote:

>I second this. We are in 2021 and a relay is considered fast if it is
>above 100KB/s...? I don’t think a later dialup service should be
>considered a fast relay.

100KB/s is about 800Kb/s
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data-rate_units). I envy the dial up
modems you had :)

I agree it is not fast, but is it "fast enough" for Tor's purpose? The
Fast flag is (was?) also described as "the router is suitable for
high-bandwidth circuits".
If I used Tor for high bandwidth stuff I'd hate to get a relay like that
in my circuit. Especially if it also acts as a HSDir provider.