[tor-relays] how does one file a problem report?

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Mon May 10 07:59:54 UTC 2021

nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:

> Scott Bennett:
> > Would someone please point me to the
> > relevant information?  Bugzilla seems to be much easier to use.
>
> If you want to report a bug in tor:
>
> go to core -> tor -> issues -> New issue
>
> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/new?issue%5Bassignee_id%5D=&issue%5Bmilestone_id%5D=

     Thank you.  It is now filed as issue #40383:  daily abort in tor 0.4.5.7,
0.4.6.1-alpha, and 0.4.6.2-alpha.  This is occurring on FreeBSD 11.4-STABLE r369587
every day between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. CDT, though the exact time varies.  I have
added a crontab entry to restart tor daily at 7:01 p.m. CDT to deal with it,
but it is definitely a critical bug.
     And, yes, bugzilla is definitely an easier system to use to report bugs.  It
even works with lynx(1) as a browser.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *