[tor-relays] Unsubscribing

NOC tor at afo-tm.org
Mon Mar 29 13:07:02 UTC 2021

Hello,

the Tor staff makes that not easy, e.g. they rendered 50% of my capacity
unsable with the change that limits the relays per IPv6. That are 2
Gbit/s less in and 2 Gbit/s out that are sitting idle now.

The improvement to run crypto on multiple cores is open for over a
decade and beside some stuff from GSOC that never got used nothing was
done. So you have to waste IPs or you have a lot of unused bandwidth per
node.

I run now relays for around 10 years and some of that time a large group
of exits which caused multiple police visits for me. It costs me money
and time every month and I'm getting sick of getting sabotaged by the
Tor project. I think it is important to support free speech and give
people in repressive countries a tool to comunicate safe and freely but
I'm at the point where i think the Tor project is the wrong project to
support for that because looking at what budget they have and what
progress is made does not line up.