[tor-relays] Tor project helping to attempt to cancel Richard Stallman

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Mar 26 15:26:16 UTC 2021

Roman Mamedov wrote on 3/26/21 11:10 AM:
> Could be important to note that no harassment allegations were ever aimed at
> RMS himself, he's just being attacked for posting a personal opinion about
> unrelated events.

The mattress on the floor of his MIT office and the 30 year history of
him hitting on and creeping on women beg to differ. His nature was so
obvious and so well known that multiple whisper networks sprung up to
protect young MIT students from him -- including telling new female
undergrads and grad students to ensure that they never, ever, were
placed in a room alone with him.  They were literally warning people to
not even venture into the *hallway* corridor where his office was
located.  One woman's recent story involved her being accidentally the
last person left at a table with RMS after a group outing to a buffet
meal at an indian restaurant - as soon as RMS was alone with her he told
her that he'd commit suicide and she would be responsible for his death
if she did not agree to date him.

This is the type of creep responsible for driving people out of
institutions, scientific fields and academia in general.  How many woman
did he drive out of open source or computer science due to his
*behavior* over multiple decades?

Not even sure why I'm typing this. The people arguing in bad faith that
RMS is being cancelled only for opinions and not actions are the same
ones who tend to argue that harassment does not exist unless there was
an arrest, trial and guilty plea.