[tor-relays] Tor project helping to attempt to cancel Richard Stallman

William Kane ttallink at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 26 14:44:54 UTC 2021

Also, more information would be nice - just some "Please shut down all
of your relays, because I / they have a problem with X" isn't very
descriptive.

Just did some own research:

"The group recently reappointed the controversial developer and
activist to its board; he had previously departed in the wake of
sexual-harassment allegations and comments he made about the Jeffrey
Epstein case that many found repellent."

Ah, I see, feminists and leftists must be triggered right now, but how
does this relate to the Tor Project or Mozilla in anyway? Sure, it's
not the best PR for both but if he's a valuable (code) contributor I'd
let it slip - anyone remember the Freedom of speech principle?

I thought this is why we were doing all this.

My relay will still stay online for the time being, but I'd seriously
reconsider priorities here - surely, they shouldn't be political - who
cares what anyone thinks.

- William