[tor-relays] Tor project helping to attempt to cancel Richard Stallman

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Thu Mar 25 13:03:04 UTC 2021

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 20:06:48 -0600
Jeffrey Cliff <jeffrey.cliff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been running a relay/exit node for many years.  Tor user since ~2004.
> To the extent that my voice means anything at all here, I would like to
> strongly condemn the Tor project joining the attempt to cancel Richard
> Stallman.  Stallman represents software freedom to me generally and as of
> today I will be shutting down my exit node in protest of this action by the
> Tor Project.
>
> I hope the rest of you out there, who depend every day on GNU project code
> which would not exist without RMS's project, might consider joining me.

Sign the supporting letter: https://rms-support-letter.github.io/

As for Tor, I am not running my nodes "for the Tor project", I'm running them
for the end users who need a free and open Internet. So while I'd share your
belief that Tor project should stay out of this, or better yet, support RMS,
shutting down nodes seems like taking out your punishment on the innocent ones.

--
With respect,
Roman