[tor-relays] difficulty installing

William Kane ttallink at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 3 14:33:36 UTC 2021

Hi,

This should help you:

https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en

Installing nyx should also pull in all required packages for it to
work, as long as the ControlPort and CookieAuthentication variables
are configured correctly and nyx is ran under the same user tor is
running under (sudo -u <username> nyx).

All you have to do is set ExitRelay to 1 in your tor configuration file.

Which version of Debian are you running? Stretch?

Take a look here:

https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en

The keys provided there should work, if not, something on your system
is messed up.

> has everyone given up on the Tor project?

No, but it sounds like you are a little bit lazy when it comes to
reading manuals.. no offense, but there is more than enough
information on the internet, and I really can't understand that you
are still having these problems after "running nodes for over a
decade".

All these problems are easy to fix, given a little bit of patience and research.

Let me know if these two links helped you to get your relay running.

Contributions, like donations, code or even just running nodes, are
always welcome :-)

All the best,
William