[tor-relays] difficulty installing

Olaf Grimm jeep665 at posteo.de
Wed Mar 3 11:18:40 UTC 2021

I have some relays too.
I using Debian 10 and had no problems.
After installing the tor package, tor version, keyring and libevent will
be updated with the regular apt update procedure.
For new relays I activate the testing repositories and use python3-pip
for nyx.
pip3 install --upgrade pip
pip install --upgrade nyx

In torrc you must enable the control port (9051?; have forgot it).
That's all.

By the way, during system upgrade from Debian 9 to Debian 10 I had
problems.
In case of trouble: Use the highest available software version. This
works in most cases.

Arm is dead. Nyx is a good replacement.

Olaf