[tor-relays] Bridge operator iat_mode setting

William Kane ttallink at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 1 13:38:05 UTC 2021

If you run more than three bridges, run an even distribution of
bridges with iat_mode set to 0, 1 and 2, if you run only three
bridges, one with each setting, if two, then 0 and 2, if only one, run
it with 2 due to the lack of bridges supporting it, et cetera.

That's how I would handle it..

- William

> On 2/24/2021 12:34 PM, William Kane wrote:
>> Thank you for running obfs4 bridges with iat_mode != 0, only very few
>> obfs4 bridges support the additional traffic obfuscation in both
>> directions.
>>
>> Kudos to you my friend.
>>
>> - William
> Should I take this as a recommendation to update my bridges to support
> iat_mode=2.
>
> Cheers.
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I work with time and frequency references and run some tor bridges. What
>>> is
>>> the objective of "iat_mode" setting? Is an good timming reference
>>> important
>>> for this setting? For now, i'm adminstrating 3 briges, one with
>>> iat_mode=0,