[tor-relays] Verify my Relay

S1l3nt Hash s1l3nthash at protonmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:59:22 UTC 2021

Hello,

I wanted to do my part in helping the TOR network grow, so I've started a tor relay on a debian system. After running for a while and monitoring on Nyx, and checking Relay Search I've notice my link says "Offline". Just wanted to know if there is a way to confirm working status, apologies in advance as I'm quite new to this.

Torrc

Nickname ****
SocksPort 0
RunAsDaemon 1
Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (static public ip)
DirPort 9030 NoAdvertise
DirPort xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9030 NoListen (static public ip)
ORPort 9001 NoAdvertise
ORPort xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9001 NoListen (static public ip)
ContactInfo (my email)
Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
ExitPolicy reject6 *:*, reject *:*
RelayBandwidthRate 16777216
RelayBandwidthBurst 16777216
DisableDebuggerAttachment 0
ControlPort 9051
CookieAuthentication 1
CookieAuthFile /var/lib/tor/control_auth_cookie
CookieAuthFileGroupReadable 1
DataDirectoryGroupReadable 1
HashedControlPassword ***

Also configured Port Forwarding on my router for 9001 and 9030 to the private IPv4 address on the tor relay.

Confirmed with my ISP no ports are being blocked.

When I first started I had the confirmation MSG that DirPort could be reached, and have active incoming and outing connections. Now currently only have several outgoing connections.

Was at one stage appearing "Online" on Relay Search, now "Offline"

Currently have: [NOTICE] No circuits are opened. Relaxed timeout for circuit *** (a Testing circuit 3-hop circuit in state doing handshakes with channel state open) to 60000ms. However, it appears the circuit has timed out anyway. [1 similar message(s)
suppressed in last 7740 seconds]

Have not configured 9001 and 9030 to open in linux, are they by default?

Thanks in advance for any help and knowledge, looking forward to helping.

Hash.