[tor-relays] G-Core Labs and their humanoid robots

Tobias Höller hoeller at ins.jku.at
Fri Jun 11 09:49:01 UTC 2021

On 11.06.21 11:06, Ningú wrote:
> Also, maybe someone is running a relay on port 25/465/587/whatnot and
> that is what triggered G-Core Labs alarms? I don't know how to find
> this with relay search. Orport shows in the results but searches for
> orport:NNN will fail.

Since I just had a fairly recent consensus file (June 9th 2021 01:00)
open, I took the liberty of quickly running grep to check up on your
theory: There is only one relay with an ORport of 25, 4 relays with
ORport 465 and 4 relays with ORport 587. I find that interesting because
I just remembered that my provider started dropping outgoing traffic on
port 25 a while ago (https://www.drei.at/de/info/umstellung-port-25/)
and I imagine there are other providers with similar (stupid) policies
out there.

Tobias