[tor-relays] New Test for Measuring the Accuracy of Tor Relays' Advertised Bandwidths

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Jun 7 10:07:48 UTC 2021

nusenu:
> The effect of these measurements is visible in significant (temporary) "increase" of adv. bw
> visible on metrics:
>
> https://metrics.torproject.org/bandwidth.html?start=2021-04-20&end=2021-05-21
>
> and on the OrNetStats per operator graphs, this is a good example:
>
> https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/emeraldonion.org.html
> https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/#proven-operator-domains

For what it is worth: the experiment stopped at around 2021-06-05
00:00:00 UTC. The advertised bandwidth will decrease slowly and should
be without any influence from the experiment again later this week.

If you want to follow currently running experiments on the network (or
want to read up on past ones) we have created an entry, Network
Experiments, on our status page[1] showing whether experiments are
currently running or not.

Clicking there on "Network Experiments" should get you to the list[2] of
currently running and past experiments providing explanations as to how
long the experiments are already running/ran and what they are/were doing.

Let us know of any improvements to that Network Experiments part you
think we should make. We are still experimenting with it.

Georg

[1] https://status.torproject.org/
[2] https://status.torproject.org/affected/network-experiments/