[tor-relays] Relay Bandwidth/Burst Change

Kathi kathihil935 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 02:41:30 UTC 2021

I set torrc bandwidth/Burst to 5 MBs/6MBs respectively

Then I get @7pm Local:

  Received reload signal (hup). Reloading config and resetting internal
state.
  Read configuration file "/usr/share/tor/tor-service-defaults-torrc".
  Read configuration file "/etc/tor/torrc".

  After the above happens I'm back to Kb second.

  If I understand correctly, torrc is the 'go to' default and
  those settings [*should be*] used.

  So why is the bandwidth/Burst being changed? Which
  is REALLY annoying. There must be another setting
  somewhere in Tor that I am missing?

   Thank you for your help!