[tor-relays] APPCRASH on Windows Server Core 2019

Saswat Padhi tor-nodes.padhi at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 23 01:01:27 UTC 2021

Hello,

I recently switched to a Windows Server Core 2019 machine for running my (exit) relay. Previously I was able to run the relay without any issues on Windows Server 2019, but it crashes without any errors or warnings on Core 2019. Has anyone tried running a Tor relay on Windows Server Core?

I have attached my notice.log file and the error report from Windows events log, but none of them have anything informative at all.

What I see is very similar to what's described on this thread: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-April/019597.html. OP was finally able to resolve it, but they didn't post their solution ...

Thanks and regards.