[tor-relays] Dotsrc.org is looking for IPv4 address space for exit nodes

Anders Trier Olesen anders.trier.olesen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:03:54 UTC 2021

Hi All!

A while back, I sent an email to the tor-relays-universities mailing list,
announcing that we (dotsrc.org) are attempting to run fast exit nodes on
the Danish national research network:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays-universities/2020-December/000057.html

Since then, our ISP has told us that they still don't like the idea of
running an exit node on a Danish research network IP, so they'll register
an AS number and request separate IPv6 addresses to dotsrc.

As far as I know, it is still not possible to run IPv6 only exit nodes,
which is why we're currently looking for a Provider Independent (PI) IPv4
address space that we can announce.

IPv4 addresses have become a scarce resource, and are too expensive for
dotsrc.org to buy on the open market. If you happen to have an unused IPv4
block (or know someone who might) that you're willing to donate or let
dotsrc.org announce, please contact us at staff at dotsrc.org.

https://dotsrc.org/news/2021-07-06_searching_for_ipv4_address_space/

Best regards
Anders Trier Olesen