[tor-relays] IPv6

Dr Gerard Bulger gerard at bulger.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 12:02:11 UTC 2021

Thinking of IPv6:

How far has the team got in implementing IPv6 only OR port facility ?

Currently you can only run tor relay of any sort if there is open IPv4 OR port to the internet.  This is getting a bit quaint.

I am sure I am not alone in having much wasted bandwidth that could be put to good Tor use but they are only accessible via IPv6, while they can exit of course IPv4 and IPv6

I realise that so far, despite IPv6 being open on my main exit for some years, there is still little IPv6 traffic, but that might suddenly change.

Gerry