[tor-relays] orport

Astroskis Lists lists at astroskis.com
Thu Feb 18 18:56:03 UTC 2021

I'm not sure how TOR gets its addresses but sometimes you need to
specify it directly, especially for bridges for some reason. Just use
your whole IP

ORPort 123.456.789.123:80

Dont forget if you are mapping Obfs4 you need to add the permissions so
obfs can go to a port that low

    /Don't forget to change the |ORPort|, |ServerTransportListenAddr|,
    |ContactInfo|, and |Nickname| options./

    //

      *

        /If you decide to use a fixed obfs4 port smaller than 1024 (for
        example 80 or 443), you will need to give obfs4
        |CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE| capabilities to bind the port with a
        non-root user:/

        /|sudo setcap cap_net_bind_service=+ep /usr/bin/obfs4proxy|/

        /To work around systemd hardening, you will also need to set
        |NoNewPrivileges=no| in
        |/lib/systemd/system/tor at default.service| and
        |/lib/systemd/system/tor at .service| and then run |systemctl
        daemon-reload|. For more details, see ticket 18356
        <https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/18356>./

      *

        /Note that both Tor's OR port and its obfs4 port must be
        reachable. If your bridge is behind a firewall or NAT, make sure
        to open both ports. You can use our reachability test
        <https://bridges.torproject.org/scan/> to see if your obfs4 port
        is reachable from the Internet./