[tor-relays] Tor on Rpi

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Tue Feb 9 06:53:30 UTC 2021

On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 12:31:29PM -0000, relay.jackash at simplelogin.fr wrote:
> im running a tor relay on rpi 2 with version 0.4.2.7., on the  Tor relay search i see my relay is outdated and flaged as not recomended, however on rpi i have tried update and upgrade many times and always get notification from apt that tor i already de newest version, also tried apt dist-upgrade but no luck.
>
> Any way to get the last version and get ride of not recomended flag from my relay?

I would suggest adding buster-backports to your sources list, and then
you'll be using a more recent Tor. See this earlier post for hints:
https://archives.seul.org/tor/relays/Feb-2021/msg00003.html

(You might notice that somehow that post did not make it to the official
tor-relays archives. I blame some bug in mailman, but also I will leave
that bug alone and try to move on with my life. :)

If you had said something other than rpi, I would have pointed you to
https://support.torproject.org/apt/tor-deb-repo/
but we stopped providing 32-bit arm packages on deb.torproject.org:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2020-May/045582.html
since we don't have any builders for them.

Hope that helps!
--Roger