[tor-relays] Can't connect to bridge after rebuilding server

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Tue Feb 9 06:30:11 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 06:58:55PM -0800, Eddie wrote:
> Following the rebuild, the bridges
> appear to start correctly, according to both the logs and
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/OhNoAnotherBridge. However
> attempting to connect via the tor browser from my home system just hangs.
>
> The ports on the VPS are open.  I can see an ESTABLISHED connection from
> home, but the browser just hangs throwing out this:  [WARN] Proxy Client:
> unable to connect to aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:443 ("general SOCKS server failure")
>
> Not sure what to check next.

It looks like the "vanilla ORPort" part of your bridge works (I just
bootstrapped my Tor through it to confirm), but your obfs4 port is
busted somehow:
https://bridges.torproject.org/status?id=8BBAB62EA65E47CDF204E3D795DAD12E5046EB72
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-January/019221.html

I wonder if, when you restored things, you also restored the obfs4
keys?

It looks like OhNoAnotherBridge80 is doing better?
https://bridges.torproject.org/status?id=B080140DC1BAB5B86D1CE5A4CA2EF64F20282440

--Roger