[tor-relays] Tor Version "Not Recommended" - V 4.2.7 - Raspberry PI - "armhf" not supported

Daniel daniel at danwin1210.me
Tue Feb 2 15:34:07 UTC 2021

I believe you are running the popular Raspbian distribution. Raspbian is
optimized for the Raspberry Pi 1, which has an ARM 6 processor.
Unfortunately they also use the "armhf" architecture name. Standard
Debian and previously also the torproject repositories were compiling
the packages for the newer ARM 7 architecture, so they are not
guaranteed to actually work.
With a Raspberry Pi 2 you can use the official Debian armhf image.
For Raspberry Pi 3 or 4 you should go for the official arm64 images,
which are for ARM 8 processors with 64-bit support.
The torproject dropped support for the armhf architecture, so you will
need to switch to an arm64 image if you want to fetch images from these
repositories.
See https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi for the debian images and more
details.

If you want to stay on your current setup and can not switch to a
different architecture or upgrade to the bullseye (testing) version of
Debian yet, you can add the backports repository, which ships a more
recent version of tor https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/tor

Regards,
Daniel