[tor-relays] Tor related talks @ rC3

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Thu Dec 30 14:23:36 UTC 2021

Hello!

nusenu:
> in chronological order:

> title: Towards a more Trustworthy Tor Network
>
> when: 2021-12-28, 17:00 CET
> where: https://streaming.media.ccc.de/rc3/csh
>
> primary target audience:
> - Tor user
> - Tor relay operators
> - onion service operators
> - and everyone that cares about Tor

Thanks for the talk. While watching it yesterday I saw on the KAX17
timeline that the attacker "attempts to restore their foothold" after
they got kicked out of the network. Could you please send the
fingerprints of their new relays to the bad-relays mailing list so we
can get them eventually rejected and provide a safer Tor experience for
all of our users?

Somewhat related I was wondering about what happened to the BTCMITM20
attacker. The image with the exit fraction and concurrently running
malicious relays graphs seems to be claiming that never all of their
relays were gone and the number is in fact growing again starting around
mid-March 2021. Are there still relays from them running on the network?
If so, please send their fingerprints to the bad-relays mailing list,
too, so we can get those relays removed.

Thanks,
Georg