[tor-relays] [Censorship in Russia] Make HTTPS/Moat captcha more complex?

abuse at lokodlare.com abuse at lokodlare.com
Mon Dec 27 15:09:43 UTC 2021

Regarding:> And as a trivially simple example, what stops an organization with government level resources from offering $10-$100 (in appropriate currency) to any citizen that adds a newly discovered bridge to their list?

=> It's basically an arms race. If bridges get burned fast, we can re-deploy them fast. I don't have many bridges and they are still used well, but if they were getting flagged fast I'd have no problem to deploy a double-digit number of bridges and change all of their public IPs automatically weekly, daily, hourly or at whatever frequency is needed.

You can automatically deploy stuff like that quite easily with any large Cloud provider - preferably with multiple at the same time. They'd need to block entire IP ranges (hitting a significant portion of the internet) or keep fighting our automation with a lot of manual effort. Not sure who would be interested to play this game for an extended period of time. Even government level of funding has to show some kind of effect or the campaign will get shut down sooner or later.

Dec 27, 2021, 04:42 by dw at thedave.ca: