[tor-relays] [Censorship in Russia] Make HTTPS/Moat captcha more complex?

Dave Warren dw at thedave.ca
Mon Dec 27 04:42:41 UTC 2021

On 2021-12-22 23:42, Gary C. New via tor-relays wrote:
> I know it might be a fundamental change to the Tor network, but would it
> be possible to obfuscate the Tor bridge/relay addresses with their
> respective fingerprints; similar, to the I2P network? I've often thought
> that this aspect of the I2P network is one that is implemented well.
> Perhaps Directory Authorities could preform fingerprint to address
> resolution? I think it would be extremely beneficial if neither bridge
> or relay addresses were published in the wild. It would make great
> strides in further buffering the Tor network from various
> black-listing/censorship techniques.

I guess I'm not sure how this would work, for me as a user, when I
launch tor browser? How do I obtain a bridge or an initial relay?

And as a trivially simple example, what stops an organization with
government level resources from offering $10-$100 (in appropriate
currency) to any citizen that adds a newly discovered bridge to their list?