[tor-relays] Fw: Re: Bridge distribution method stuck at "none"

- damisame at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 13:50:46 UTC 2021

Hello again.

I'm found it weird that all resources says that "Distribution mechanism"
should change after a few days and mine was still "none".
So now I'm trying torix's suggestion and deleted the keys and all the
/var/lib/tor/ directory, changed nickname and started it again.

The hashed fingerprint for my bridge is
now: 3B5D1AE581EE4113610E094D5993D6299E64EDEF
Its the same torrc file I shared before, just new nickname.

This is the log of the last heartbeats is the following, minus timestamps
(I will update after one week):
/var/log/tor# cat notices.log.1 notices.log | grep Heart | grep -v
Accounting
[notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 6:00 hours, with 0 circuits open. I've
sent 1.89 MB and received 5.37 MB. I've received 38 connections on IPv4 and
38 on IPv6. I've made 26 connections with IPv4 and 0 with IPv6.
[notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.
[notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 12:00 hours, with 0 circuits open. I've
sent 3.13 MB and received 9.85 MB. I've received 71 connections on IPv4 and
71 on IPv6. I've made 53 connections with IPv4 and 0 with IPv6.
[notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.
[notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 18:00 hours, with 10 circuits open.
I've sent 5.93 MB and received 16.49 MB. I've received 141 connections on
IPv4 and 140 on IPv6. I've made 85 connections with IPv4 and 0 with IPv6.
[notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.
[notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 1 day 0:00 hours, with 15 circuits
open. I've sent 7.37 MB and received 21.77 MB. I've received 175
connections on IPv4 and 174 on IPv6. I've made 114 connections with IPv4
and 0 with IPv6.
[notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.
[notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 1 day 6:00 hours, with 14 circuits
open. I've sent 8.46 MB and received 27.03 MB. I've received 194
connections on IPv4 and 193 on IPv6. I've made 136 connections with IPv4
and 0 with IPv6.
[notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.
[notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 1 day 12:00 hours, with 15 circuits
open. I've sent 9.47 MB and received 31.66 MB. I've received 212
connections on IPv4 and 210 on IPv6. I've made 162 connections with IPv4
and 0 with IPv6.
[notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 1 unique clients.
[notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 1 day 18:00 hours, with 15 circuits
open. I've sent 10.64 MB and received 36.48 MB. I've received 229
connections on IPv4 and 227 on IPv6. I've made 181 connections with IPv4
and 0 with IPv6.
[notice] Heartbeat: In the last 6 hours, I have seen 0 unique clients.

I also added a IPv4 iptables rule just to count the traffic:
# iptables -vnL|grep TOR
74451   14M ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0            multiport dports 6661:6662 /* TOR R */
#

Is this ammount of connections/clients normal for the first day of a bridge?
Thanks