[tor-relays] [Censorship in Russia] Make HTTPS/Moat captcha more complex?

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Thu Dec 23 18:05:34 UTC 2021

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 7:42:09 AM CET Gary C. New via tor-relays
wrote:
> I know it might be a fundamental change to the Tor network, but would it be
> possible to obfuscate the Tor bridge/relay addresses with their respective
> fingerprints; similar, to the I2P network? I've often thought that this
> aspect of the I2P network is one that is implemented well. Perhaps
> Directory Authorities could preform fingerprint to address resolution? I
> think it would be extremely beneficial if neither bridge or relay addresses
> were published in the wild. It would make great strides in further
> buffering the Tor network from various black-listing/censorship techniques.

The idea sounds good at first. Fingerprint and Cert from bridges are already
issued by the BridgeDB.
But: I2P is nearly the same as Tor Hidden Services. Tor-Browser to bridge is a
p2p connection and therefore no problem to see the IP anyway.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!