[tor-relays] Bridge distribution method stuck at "none"

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Mon Dec 20 21:40:09 UTC 2021

On Sunday, December 19, 2021 5:47:29 PM CET - wrote:

> However I dont see practically any traffic besides when I'm using it, and
> on "Relay Search" it shows as "Bridge distribution mechanism: None".
> The bridge has been up and running for 10 days straigth.
It can take many weeks or months before the first users start using the bridge.

> At first I only had the line: "PublishServerDescriptor 1".
This is default ...

> After five days, I tried adding "BridgeRelay 1"
... if you set 'BridgeRelay 1' (this is absolutely necessary to be a bridge)

> and "BridgeDistribution
> moat", "https" and "any".
AFAIK only none or any (default) can be set. BridgeDB then automatically assigns 'https, moat, Email or reseved'

man torrc |  grep Bridge
BridgeDistribution string
  If set along with BridgeRelay, Tor will include a new line in its bridge descriptor which indicates to the BridgeDB service how it would like its bridge address to be given out. Set it to "none" if you want BridgeDB to
  avoid distributing your bridge address, or "any" to let BridgeDB decide. See https://bridges.torproject.org/info for a more up-to-date list of options. (Default: any)

> Neither seems to have produced any change.
>
> Is this normal or could I have missed something on the configuration?
Don't forget obfs4:

## obfs4 is used because it can do IPv4 and IPv6 connections simultaneously
## https://gitweb.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/obfs4.git/tree/README.md
ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec /usr/bin/obfs4proxy

## The ServerTransportListenAddr line is dual stack friendly.
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 [::]:443

> Thank you.
If there are further problems, it is best to post your whole torrc:
~$ grep ^[^#] /etc/tor/torrc

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!