[tor-relays] bridge distribution mechanism

trinity pointard trinity.pointard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 09:52:42 UTC 2021

Hi,

There are multiple bridges distributions mechanism. One is chosen at random
when your bridge first come to life, each being perfectly fine :
- moat: distributed automatically to Tor Browser users
- https: distributed on bridge-db website after solving a captcha
https://bridges.torproject.org/
- email: distributed when sending an email to bridges at torproject.org)
- reserved: distributed manually, mostly in-person I imagine

The only distribution mechanism you might want to worry about is "none", it
either mean your bridge is really young and bridge-db is not distributing
it yet (it should only be in that state for about a few hours), or you
decided to distribute this bridge yourself (no bridge-db involved, by
setting  `BridgeDistribution none` in your torrc), or your bridge is down.