[tor-relays] Responding to Tor censorship in Russia

gus gus at torproject.org
Sat Dec 11 16:10:40 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 09:08:05PM +0100, abuse department wrote:
> So we want bridges without contact info and from unknown persons / state agencies?
>
> I am sure there is nothing with this excellent plan that could possible go wrong.

AFAIK, bridges weren't involved in the last attack. But, maybe others
folks here could have different evidences and, if they want to share
these evidences, they can contact me in private or send an email to
bad-relays at lists.torproject.org.

Regarding publishing contactinfo for bridges, here is the ticket:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/metrics/collector/-/issues/20983

It would help if more relay operators comment on that ticket supporting
the proposal.

Regarding MyFamily, there's a new MyFamily proposal that will include
bridges, please check this thread and spec:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/torspec/-/blob/main/proposals/321-happy-families.md
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-November/019954.html

Gus
--