[tor-relays] Rejected-fingerprints-found-in-attacks wiki page

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri Dec 10 20:42:00 UTC 2021

nusenu:
> Georg Koppen:
>>> suggestion for an improvement to this process so it will become
>>> more accurate/complete (example: May 2021 is incomplete)
>>
>> Could you elaborate on why you think May 2021 is incomplete and how
>> to fix that?
>
> I believe DAs rejected >1000 relays, but instead of listing their
> fingerprints on the page,
> it links to my email which includes a truncated list and does not
> contain full fingerprints
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-May/019644.html

Right. I was for some reason under the assumption we could get away by
just linking to your mail. But you are correct, we should do better
here. So, I went over our May rejections again and updated the wiki page
with the ones I think were missing.[1] Thanks!

>> The wiki is essentially a public git repository. I am not sure what
>> another public git repository would give us.
>
> it would give users of these lists the possibility to consume it
> in a much more trivial way without having understand the
> semantics of the wiki page
> curl https://gitlab..../$lastmonth-rejection-file

Fair enough. I am not sure yet how we'll make those improvements, but
I've filed a ticket[2] at least to not forget about it. My current plan
is to tackle that task while re-doing our bad-relay related tooling,
which is supposed to start Q1 2022.

Georg

[1] I included an additional fingerprint that I missed while I was at
it, as our tooling for that part is obviously not great yet.

[2] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/157