[tor-relays] Relay on CentOS8

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Tue Aug 24 17:07:07 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-20 05:08, Totor be wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As you might be aware, CentOS is switching from CentOS Linux to CentOS
> Stream
> https://www.centos.org/cl-vs-cs/
>
> They provides a straightfowrarw way to migrate from Lunix to Stream:
> #dnf swap centos-linux-repos centos-stream-repos
> #dnf distro-sync
>
> I have migrated a relay running in a small VM and everything seems to
> run fine
>
> Before migrating my production relay, I would appreciate any feedback
> from other CentOS users on this migration: disk space required,
> eventual issues envountered and more generally do's & don'ts

I'm a FreeBSD user, but if you don't want CentOS Stream, there are
AlmaLinux and Rocky Linux, both which focus on being a spiritual
successor to pre-Stream CentOS.

For you, I'd recommend looking at Alma/Rocky as opposed to CentOS
Stream, but IMHO you should compare all three. However I have never run
RHEL-based distros as a "server" (I've always run FreeBSD there) so I
can't tell you my experiences.

> Thanks a lot!

-Neel

===