[tor-relays] Tor non-exit relays and Hulu in 2021

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Wed Aug 18 02:09:39 UTC 2021

Hi tor-relays@,

Long time no see. Lately I'm more involved with the FreeBSD community,
but I still run Tor relays though!

I'm moving into a new house in Seattle, WA which has CenturyLink Fiber.
However, I'm moving in with people who watch Hulu.

I remember Hulu blocked Tor middle relay IPs back in 2016-7, but haven't
seen recent information on this. Does Hulu still block Tor middle relay
IPs in 2021?

I'm also considering adding a static IP block but not sure if
CenturyLink is willing to give static IPs to me. I signed up for a
"business" account but since it's a "residential" address CL's systems
may not 'allow' this [1], so that's why I'm asking.

Comcast is not an option for me despite technically being "available"
for obvious well-documented reasons. After all, CenturyLink is giving me
1 Gbps Fiber, not 1.5 Mbps DSL.

-Neel Chauhan

=== FOOTNOTES ===

[1] -