[tor-relays] FallbackDirectoryMirrors relay IP change

Cristian Consonni cristian at balist.es
Mon Aug 2 18:55:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

After 7+ years of running a relay on DigitalOcean, I have decided to
move it somewhere else, as there are cheaper options.

I kept the same keys and fingerprint and it seems that it has been
picked up correctly on Atlas/Tor metrics, as it is showing with the new IP.

I believe that this relay was listed as a fallback directory mirror -
how can I check this?

According to the doc[1] I should open a ticket to signal the change or
write here. The link[2] for opening the ticket seems broken, so here I am.

Also, I am wondering if I should have done this *before* moving the
relay, if that's the case I think it could be worth putting a note in
the FAQ about upgrading/moving a node[3].

Best,

Cristian

[1]:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac/-/wikis/doc/FallbackDirectoryMirrors