[tor-relays] let's make ContactInfo mandatory for exits (and warn others)

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Tue Apr 27 14:51:29 UTC 2021

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 12:11:46 +0200
nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> allegedly wrote:

> After looking at lots of malicious relay data of the past few months
> I've come to the conclusion that exit relays without ContactInfo are
> largely run by malicious actors.
>
> I propose to make torrc's ContactInfo mandatory for exit relays with
> the following timeline:

With respect nusenu, exactly what is your relationship to the Tor
project?

Are you even in a position to mandate anything?

I recognise, and applaud,  the (apparent) time and effort you put in to
looking at the health of the network, and I am grateful for that, but I
have never been at all clear what your role is and how it is connected
to the core project.

Regards

Mick