[tor-relays] let's make ContactInfo mandatory for exits (and warn others)

The Doctor [412/724/301/703/415/510] drwho at virtadpt.net
Sat Apr 24 20:35:44 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, April 24, 2021 3:11 AM, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:

>     Is this an effective remedy to deter malicious actors?
>     No and it is not meant to be one. It is trivial to set a random non-empty ContactInfo,
>     only in combination with other countermeasures it becomes actually useful.

This.

Also, not all of us are okay with the world finding out that we run Tor nodes.  Some of us
just do it and don't make a big deal about it.

The Doctor [412/724/301/703/415/510]
WWW: https://drwho.virtadpt.net/
The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born. Now is the time of monsters.