[tor-relays] Questions about consensus votes

Tobias Höller hoeller at ins.jku.at
Thu Apr 22 07:10:39 UTC 2021

On 21.04.21 18:17, Toralf Förster wrote:
> On 4/21/21 12:15 PM, Sebastian Hahn wrote:
>> Moria applies its own criteria which differ from dir-spec. Its
>> operator is testing future improvements to the Tor network and
>> therefore frequently doesn't follow all the specs.
> bastet too, or ?

Yes, bastet and longclaw do also not vote according to dir-spec. To be
fully transparent, longclaw used to not vote according to dir-spec (at
least for March 2021), they changed their voting behavior on March March
29 2021 13:00, since then they have started voting according to dir-spec
again. Which kind of brings me to my next question: Are all dirauths
allowed/expected to ignore the dir-spec and test other voting
configurations?

Tobias